- Juris Doctor, 2006 Widener University School of Law
- B.S., Psychology, 2003 St. Joseph’s University
- New Jersey
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Sexual Assault
- Products Liability
- Mass Tort
MELISSA FRY HAGUE
Melissa Hague has dedicated her career to the successful and diligent prosecution of sexual assault and complex mass tort cases. She is an advocate for consumer rights and victims injured as a result of defective medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs with a focus on issues that affect women in particular. She has represented hundreds of women who have been preyed upon by pharmaceutical giants and medical device companies causing them debilitating and irreversible physical and emotional harm. She was recently appointed by Judge Saylor of the US District Court of Massachusetts to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In Re: Zofran (Ondansetron) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2657 on behalf of children born with birth defects as a result of in utero exposure to the drug Zofran.
Melissa has helped hundreds of victimized women regain their voice and stand up to corporate giants and large institutions. Her desire to help women naturally evolved into representing women and young girls who have been assaulted. She helps women go from victims to survivors by standing by their side and passionately advocating for them. Melissa, along with a team of all female co-counsel lawyers, represents women nationwide who have been sexually assaulted as a result of unacceptable institutional failures.
Melissa’s mass tort litigation experience includes:
- In Re Cook Medical Inc., IVC Filters Marketing, Sales Practices and Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2570
- In Re Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2782
- In Re Atrium Medical Corp. C-Qur Mesh Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2753
- In Re Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2327
- In Re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., ASR Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2197
- In Re: DePuy Orthopedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2244
- In Re: Biomet M2A Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2391
- In Re: Stryker Rejuvenate & ABG II Hip Implant Litigation, Ber-L-936-13
- In Re: Zimmer NexGen Knee Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2272
- In Re: Human Tissue Products Liability Litigation, MDL 176
Leadership in the Legal Community
Melissa currently serves as a Board of Governor for the American Association for Justice (AAJ). She is a founding co-chair of AAJ Sexual Assault Litigation Group, and also chairs AAJ’s Marketing and Practice Development Committee. She is a Past Chair of the New Lawyers Division for AAJ and was recognized by the President of AAJ for her Distinguished Service in 2017. She is also a supporter of EndDD.org where she speaks to high school students in her community as well as other communities about the dangers of distracted driving.
Melissa regularly speaks across the country on legal topics affecting women, such as poorly designed devices and untested drugs targeting women and women’s issue to representing sexual assault victims with compassion and zealous advocacy.
Melissa has consistently been named a Rising Star in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® since 2013 and is nationally rank as a top 10 under 40 by the NAOPIA. She was also selected for the state of New Jersey as The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 members, an elite group of the top attorneys under the age of 40 who have demonstrated excellence in their field.